- Passport Wireless APPROACH
1.2 The Customer can access the Passport Wireless home page and browse the site without disclosing any personal data, apart from the information collected by cookies that Passport Wireless use (See section 5 below).
- WHO MAY PROCESS DATA
2.1 Personal information will only be collected with the Customer's consent.
2.2 The Customer’s personal information (which includes name, address and any other details provided by the Customer to Passport Wireless which identify the Customer as an individual) may be processed by Passport Wireless.
2.3 Passport Wireless may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from other companies within the Passport Wireless group, its authorized carriers and its service providers including Credit Reference agencies.
2.4 Passport Wireless may be required to disclose personal information or documents about a customer if required to do so by law in the prevention of criminal activities in accordance with US legislation.
2.5 Passport Wireless will not disclose your personal information to any third parties without your consent.
Passport Wireless will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is held is accurate, complete and up to date.
- PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
Passport Wireless, other Passport Wireless group companies, its authorized carriers and service providers will use the Customer's personal information for the purpose of administering Passport Wireless's relationship with the Customer, such as, order fulfillment, verifying the customer’s identity and delivery address, authorizing debit/credit card payments and processing any other transactions authorized by the Customer. Passport Wireless may also wish to inform Customers of special offers, undertake product or customer research/development and provide other marketing information to the Customer which Passport Wireless thinks the Customer may find of interest. If a Customer does not wish to receive any marketing information they may request that their details are excluded from any promotional activity by contacting Passport Wireless at the address displayed in section 8 below.
- SECURITY MEASURES
6.1 Passport Wireless uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but Passport Wireless. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
6.2 Notwithstanding section 6.1 Passport Wireless cannot guarantee the protection of Customers' personal data transmitted electronically due to the nature of the Internet. Customers should be aware that when personal information is disclosed on the Internet it may be collected by another user and may result in unsolicited messages from other Internet users.
- ACCESS TO CUSTOMER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Customer has the right to request a copy of all the personal information Passport Wireless holds about them (a small fee may apply) and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to Passport Wireless at the address in section 8 below.
- ANTI-SPAMMING POLICY
8.1 Passport Wireless is committed to a zero-tolerance, anti-Spamming policy. Under this policy, we prohibit:
- Manipulating identifiers, such as email headers, to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or through The Company’s computer systems.
- Relaying email through a third party's mail servers without the permission of that third party.
- Using or causing to be used Passport Wireless computer systems to facilitate the transmission of unsolicited or unauthorised material. This includes any promotional materials, URL's, "junk mail," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of unauthorised solicitation that you may upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available.
- Using "robots" or otherwise harvesting others’ email addresses from the Passport Wireless servers for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorised material.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, or transmitting the same message, URL, or post multiple times.
- Allowing third parties to contact our customer database without the customers prior consent.
- Emailing non Passport Wireless customers promotional or marketing materials without their prior consent.
- Emailing Passport Wireless customers who have opted out of email based contact promotional or marketing materials without their prior consent.
8.2 Information Use Personally identifiable information is collected and used by Passport Wireless for four general purposes:
- fulfillment of your order requests for products and services
- customization of the content you see
- to contact you about special offers and new products. Please note; you can opt-out of marketing materials at any time
- billing and order status purposes
- fulfillment and maintenance of membership and service agreements
- Passport Wireless has your consent to share the information
- Passport Wireless needs to provide the information to other companies to fulfill your request for a product or service. For example; a shipping company, credit card processing company, or service partner. (Without your consent, these companies do not have the right to use the personally identifiable information provided beyond what is necessary to assist Passport Wireless.
- Passport Wireless is legally required to provide information in response to court orders, subpoenas or legal process.
- Passport Wireless finds that your actions violate the usage guidelines outlined in the Passport Wireless Terms & Conditions.
- Passport Wireless feels that an emergency situation has arisen which requires us to release information before you can be contacted for consent. For example; a verified family emergency.
8.4 Links The Passport Wireless web site contains links to other web sites. Passport Wireless is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites owned and operated by other companies. When you leave the Passport Wireless web site, please read the privacy policies of each web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Passport Wireless, and such information remains private and secure when you follow links to other web sites.
- CONTACT DETAILS